Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
what if things go bad around the election and I have to get outta the South. I can't leave a kittie behind.
How fast can you get to Neuvo Laredo by car?
You and Kitty can have space in our refugee compound.
This entire thread is invited! And even if it is not realistic for you, I will paint ya'll the picture so you can use it as a soothing bedtime story
(I have alluded to this on multiple other threads so I apologize if it's a rerun for anyone)
  • Mr. Jenny has dual citizenship and owns 4 properties in Neuvo Laredo.
  • She is already considered a resident.
  • I just got a travel trailer for my birthday.
  • We can probably put two travel trailers on each property, for a total of eight. Four people can live in each trailer, so that is 30 more people.
  • Nuevo Laredo is very convenient! The neighborhoods have multiple bodegas on each block!
  • On the block where we have our established mailing address, you only have to walk next door to get milk, eggs, bread, toilet paper, cervezas, etc.
  • Our dollars buy A LOT.
Here is the problem: one of the properties is rural and does not have water service. The water is delivered each day on a truck.

When I am fretting about the political worst-case (Handmaid's Tale becoming real and/or white supremacists massacring everyone), I go over this plan in my brain, and instead of worrying about fascism, I worry about that water truck: "Could I live like that? The nice thing to do would be to tolerate that ourselves and let our friends have the compounds in town, but what about my hair?" etc.

Now all of ya'll can put yourselves in that picture, and distract yourselves from Doomsday by planning your route to Nuevo Laredo and hoping you don't get stuck on the water truck compound.

Although what if we could put eight trailers on the water truck property? It's rural and unrestricted. Hmmm