Old 10-16-2022, 09:19 AM   #8112
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good ideas, FSF.

I definitely agree that each person's contribution should be flat and easy to mail.

For those that haven't participated in one of these kind of round robin-esque projects before, as the wrangler, everyone would need to get their names and mailing addresses to me by a specific date. Once all projects are in to me, I repackage them and re-mail so that everyone gets one from everyone else by a pre-determined date. This ensures that everyone gets a piece in a timely manner. Each participant would send me funds to cover the re-mail. In the past, it's typically been $5 for smaller projects. This covers not only the new postage but the repackaging materials (envelopes, tape, etc) the wrangler uses to get them back out.

I'm all about artistic freedom (and I'm not feeling the 'card' vibe at the moment) so I would suggest that as long as each person's contribution is no larger than 5x7 (can be smaller) and is flat with no embellishments that would hinder a flat mailer, all options are open.

Fall is my favorite season for certain so I love that but would like to suggest a general theme of "Changing Seasons". It's likely we won't do both a fall and winter project before the end of the year so those who love fall can lean into that and those who are excited about winter have options too. What say ye?

If everyone that wants to participate is open to these parameters, how about these dates?

Deadline for sign up: 10/24
Deadline to have projects in my greedy little hands: 11/12
Deadline for me to re-mail the projects out: 11/16

I want to give myself plenty of time to get everything organized and also to be able to dust everything with disinfectant spray before repackaging so for those who make their goodies, please seal it if the materials used are water-activated.

Plus, I think it would be really nice to get these back to you before Turkey Day.

Does this sound feasible? It is a shorter turn around than we typically do. If it's agreeable, I'll pop back in later tonight and put the official project parameter post up (and people will be able to sign up at that time). If there are any changes that need to be made, I can make adjustments or we can talk about it some more.

When signing up, PLEASE check to make sure you are quoting the most recent list before adding your name to ensure the list is accurate. I won't be chasing people. We're all grown ups, so if you want to participate, your name needs to be on the FINAL list. I will give a countdown before the final deadline and I 100% encourage you to reach out to any of our previous crafters who may not be aware that we're gearing up for a project now. The only caveat is if the list becomes too large, the funds may go up a smidge, but we would cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm a little rusty, but I think I covered everything. Crafty veterans? Did I miss anything?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: