View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 02:36 AM   #231
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,850 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
I am not aware of any American city that gets its municipal water from desalination.
Aj, the largest desalination plant in the US is in Tampa Bay, FL. It's had numerous problems over the years and still isn't running at full capacity, but I'd venture a guess that its use could be impacted by the spill, should the oil flow near shore in that area. Of course, you and I know that the people who run the plant and the people who run the city aren't completely stupid - if oil is going to be an issue, they'll shut down the plant.

Little facts aside, that's still not going to cause any of the nonsense in that article. I'm not sure it even takes critical thinking to see how absurd it is; paying attention to the "this how clouds form and where rain comes from" lecture in elementary school should cover it.