View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 08:22 AM   #64
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy In my own opinion: Democracy vs Dictatorship

On my mind, is how certain legislators in Washington, DC have been saying that our country's crisis is an Constitutional Crisis and I think it is, yet I wish they'd just come out and call it for what it is: That we are witnessing with our own eyes is over 200 years of American Democracy inverting and imploding into an outright explosion of an American Dictatorship.

Democracy is built upon the idea that stipulates that government is a rule ordered by The People and For The People: which means that people choose to how to discuss and implement how society is ordered by the Will of The People. It's a People Choice Model of social order: rule by the people, laws created by and for the people, toleration of all people and not blindly ignoring or segregating people or pitting sectors of people against other people (s). All this to say, that when social order is centered around the will and good of and for the people, then people have a say in what happens, etc. Democracy is a form of rule which is ordered around putting the will and good of the people first.

A Dictatorship is centered upon the idea that one person has absolute power, complete power over a country. Rule by one is commonly known as an dictatorship. A dictator typically up-ends democratic order by up-ending all former democratic methods of social ordering, so that the only order left is the only order they intend to exert upon the people. Dictator's typically remove all ways that anyone can interfere with their process of order, which is order centered upon their will, not the will of the people. Dictators typically appoint their own so-called forms of 'justice' and 'judges' and do so, so that they can re-frame social and legal order so that no one can interfere with their method of rule or process. In a dictatorship, laws favor the dictator, not the people. In a dictatorship, the rights of the people are stripped; same for the economy, too, because the economy is stripped to serve an dictator's purpose -- not for the greater good of the people. Personal freedoms and liberties vanish under a dictatorship.

In short: A dictatorship is one ruler who has absolute power to rule over a Country, or a State. Law and framing of law is reframed to rest in the hands of the dictator, who makes fast decisions -- usually not in the interest of the people, but in their own interest, with no regard for the people or humanity itself. Personal freedoms and personal liabilities are sacrificed in a dictatorship, because an dictatorship serves itself first, with no care or regard or respect for the people.

Democracy is For The People, By The People and Of The People. Power is shared by the people. Decisions are made by and for and of the people in slow ways because democratic process requires thoughtful process with care and respect for others, not just one. Justice in an democracy is safeguarded and preserved; not tossed out or changed or dismantled or upended like one sees in an dictatorship.

If the constitution is created to protect the will of the people, then it is entirely possible to say that American's have an Constitutional Crisis of epic magnitude on hand. Because what I see is the rise of an American Dictator; and a Congress elected by the People, in an outright war against that Dictator, to preserve what is left of Democracy in America.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: