View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 07:21 PM   #32
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonne-maman View Post
I have been thinking of the strong attraction that many butches have to the term "bromance," and the strong (obsessed?), unique (querky?) friendships that butches have that fall under this heading.

Girls/women/females/ladypeople are known for their friendships with other Girls/women/females/ladypeople of course, but I haven't heard a term equivalent to "bromance" referring to the strong (obsessed?), unique (querky?) friendships between femmes.

Because I love words, I started playing around with possibilities...starting with the combined ideas of "sister" and "romance" as lateral to the ideas of "brother" and "romance" embedded in the term bromance. I came up with
1) sistahmance
2) sistomance
3) sismance
4) stromance (kinda a stretch)
5) sistmance

I basically thought, "blech," about these choices. None of them flow off the tongue like bromance. So then I thought about fromance, "F" for femme, plus the romance.....It flows.

Well then, beyond a simple word....do we have "fromances?" How are they similar or different from bromances? How is a fromance different from a girl-friendship with a girl/woman/female/ladyperson who is not a femme? How do fromances nurture us? Are fromances ever difficult? Painful?

Just curious about you all, no right or wrongs...what say you???

bonne
I wonder if she knows it's now called..."Girl Crush?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote