How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

I think it is important to bring stuff out into the light as much as possible. People don’t seem to really know or care that much about what is going on. Mainstream news sources won’t really report anything not sanctioned by the corporate owned media. Well they may report it when they have to but the spin they put on it will make it all but unrecognizable. How we learn to understand our world is dictated by the corporate sectors’ media. We are fed their propaganda at every meal. It’s the fabric of our social narrative.

When the corporate owned media is finished, most people will believe it is necessary to attack Syria. Corporate owned politicians weigh in to sweeten the pot.

The US has in essence one political party with 2 factions, the moderate members of the Republican Party now called the Democratic Party and the Republican Party better know as Those Crazy Republicans Party who are now owned and operated by the very rich and the corporate sector. The Democratic Party, which is really the Republican Party, is also controlled by the very rich and the corporate sector so the difference between the factions is illusionary. There really is no longer any point in trying to believe average citizens have any power to effect change through the system. 1% of the population makes policy. The very rich get what they want. The rest of us have no say about it.

Corporations are people according to our government and they have more rights and more protection than 98% of US citizens. They buy lobbyists, hell they bought most of Congress. They own the majority vote in the Supreme Court. I have no idea what can be done to make any difference. To me the only way to effect any change is working on a local level. That won’t protect the rest of the world from the monsters running the show, but we can’t even protect ourselves so there isn’t much help going to come from us. But maybe I’m missing something. I know there have been pockets of resistance here and around the globe over the past year and half or so, but it’s sporadic, bloody, not far reaching enough or globally organized and it’s something the controlling elite have made provisions for. Scary provisions.

And to add to the fun, austerity genocide is coming to town near you.

What can we do? To quote Leonard Cohen “love's the only engine of survival”. We can open our eyes, become informed about the issues, don’t get all our information from mainstream media, read alternative newspapers, help our neighbors, love each other as much as possible and be ready when the revolution comes.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: