meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Not over 50, but close....47

Playing with my hula hoop, lemon twist and skateboard for hours

Outside play wasn't only encouraged, it was mandatory

Shag carpet

After school special movies

Pre-MTV, Pre-Walkman, reel-to-reel home movies, when cars just had radios, vinyl records, bootleg copies you cherished, Peel sessions on BBC radio

Saturday nights at the skating rink

When kids behaved and respected elders because 1) everyone told mom what you did wrong before you even got home 2) mom always told dad and you knew what that meant 3) spanking and anything rougher than a time-out were not considered archaic and a form of child abuse 4) kids were not given so many choices when they had no idea how to make them yet

Block parties

Having to write 500 times "I will not talk in class" over the weekend because I wanted to socialize instead of listening to the teacher

Emergency Broadcast System tests on TV on a regular basis

Every dad got soap-on-a-rope and/or Old Spice every Christmas

Hearing Eddie Murphy's comedy album "Raw" for the first time

When Studio 54 was still going strong

Girls/Women laid out in the sun until they got burnt to a crisp, using nothing but baby oil on the skin

Sock Hops after school in Jr. High

Listening to your grandparents talk about the good 'ole days when couples courted on front porches, kids were respectful and everything was made better (and everything was made better)

Awesome thread!