Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,619 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I resolve to close my shop and go back to my former careers in mental health, social service or education. I love my shop but it is physically taxing on me and financially draining. I am putting more energy and money into it than I can afford to do so. Its a huge success in my hometown so I am going out on the upswing but I just dont have it in me to do another year and a half to see it to a firm stabilization. And truthfully...my heart is in my old careers. I keep coming up with ideas to do them thru my store...like workshops or volunteer drives or blanket and coat drives for the homeless. I miss working in my old fields and I just need to own that.

I am expecting my first grandchild too. I want to be around for her. Her name is Violet and she will announce herself sometime in april. I was a good mother but I want to be an incredible grandmother!

I have one more health matter to clear up...more hiatal hernia repair. (If I need surgery, I will have to close the shop anyway...that kind of surgery took me down for three months.)

I have kinda lost parts of myself I gave up in the past 4 years. Like feeding the birds. Herb gardening. Making my own tinctures. Designing homemade jewelry. I just havent had the time or the money. Without the shop I should have both.

And I vow to call Jo at least once a week. He needs me to bother him...lol
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post: