Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
I also want to comment on this "cool kids" thing. Morningstar IS a "cool kid" in my book. She is a funny, thoughtful, warm person and I dont think we are doing her any service by implying that she is not just as valid or important as everyone else on this site.
We are NOT NOT NOT going to start building this high-school club in our heads where people start insisting that anyone who doesnt agree with them is a "cool kid" and thus, immune from being asked to explain themselves.
Every single person on this site is fucking awesome, there isnt a single person here who is better than or worth more than anyone else BUT if we say something that someone is finding offensive, then we should ALL be willing to answer for why we said it. Myself included.

Medusa, this was very well said. I want to thank you. As someone who has had that "cool kid" epitaph used against me as a way of marginalizing me, thank you a thousand times for addressing that.

Just because someone posts a lot or has an opinion that others agree with does not make them a "cool kid". It makes them someone who expresses themselves verbally.

I could go on about this subject and bare a lot of my soul, but right now I am not feeling safe because of this comment--so I won't.

Why is it that in an effort to protect (and does Barb need protection?) someone, we have to attack others.