How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,720 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

That makes a lot of sense. I think that too often there is a polarization between vegetarians and non-vegetarians, like we are opposing teams! I'm not "against meat." Really, if the meat in most grocery stores came from animals that lived real "farm" lives instead of a quality of life akin to slavery or what the victims in WWII went thru, then I would not feel the way I do. I am disgusted by PETA's hateful approach to putting the word out. I like more thoughtful, down-to-earth explorations of vegetarianism and eating meat such as the recent movie, Food Inc., and the recent book that gained a wide popularity, Jonathan Safran Foer's "Eating Animals," both of which I recommend in consideration of the ethical and environmental problems with eating most meat in today's society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm not a vegetarian, but I often eat vegetarian, if that makes sense. Jennifer, your explanation about your journey and the information you have is wonderful. Thank you. If I were to take that step, I'm definitely coming to you for more suggestions.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: