View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 09:30 PM   #523
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,735 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

[QUOTE=GeorgiaMa'am;1282155]This may not be exactly the right thread for this kind of post, but I couldn't find a better one. I apologize if it's not in the right place.

I was listening to a news story about jury selection for Derek Chauvin, the Minneapolis police officer who murdered George Floyd. They played a clip of one of the potential jurors who had been asked what he thought about the police in general (or something similar, I'm paraphrasing). The potential juror's answer included a description of police driving through the neighborhood where George Floyd's death occurred, immediately following the incident, and blaring "Another One Bites the Dust" from their loudspeakers.

As a firefighter for 36 years and on the union exec board for MANY years. The missnomer is the unions dont defend the actions but have to by law to represent the member in the process of fair representation.To make sure right or wrong they are treated fair and consistant. They could sue the union or go to AFL-CIO and have a sanction/lawsuit against the union if they didnt. Unions are not part of the appeals/investigation they just represent the member to ensure consistancy in the policys/process.Also to ensure the penalty.s are consistant and make sense for the infraction.Trust me there are many times the offense is not even defensable and we have to just help with the penalty for our member
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post: