Ozio

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Relationship Status:
unfettered

Ozio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
After our abbreviated discussions about this, I'm sure You won't be surprised when I say that I wouldn't have an issue at all with my pastor's ability to minister if he/she were openly living in a gay/lesbian, etc. relationship without legal sanction. Or single, either, and living an openly gay life.

First, I believe that a relationship ~ whether within the clergy or not ~ is sacred and goes beyond what any court could sanction.

Is it ok for clergy to be queer? Certainly. It is a part of who they are, just as being left~handed might be....I don't mean to trivialize, but really, it is just a portion of the person, is it not?

When the "higher levels of authority" pooh~pooh the idea, or sit in judgement upon gay clergy, I find their opinions to be more fear~based rather than Christ~based. We fear what we do not understand, is this not correct?

Paul was not married. And yet he ministered to many. Jesus, as well.....unmarried. And we are not privy to their private lives, unfortunately. It is one of my questions when I get "There", to be sure.

There were contradictions ~ I find ~ even in the New Testament ~ about same~sex relations (re: Cornelius) which I find interesting. But perhaps that is another topic altogether......forgive me....I'm rambling!

In closing, I must say there is just way too much judging (and fear) going on about what lies within each heart. And when we release THOSE things, it will cease to be religion and become Christianity.

~Diva

I agree, but I also think there is more than a little hypocrisy involved
Ozio is offline   Reply With Quote