cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

The socio-political environment is so full of rage. People seem to jumping in each others face. I see where it's coming from - Trump, but not sure where we're headed. Anti-Semitism is rampant. Where is that coming from? We aren't even in this equation, except the fact that we seem to be the default scape-goats. "Jews will not replace us." Where DID we get involved in the initial complaint? We weren't even a target then.

As a Jew, I am a target every time we dain to go out the door, not to mention the other things that they hate. TG, I am a quiet person. If I open my mouth, be sure that all is triple filtered, re-checking continuously. How is the recipient reacting to my words, claming up often. Ain't anonymity great?

Back to the purpose of this post - rage and civil war. I, too, believe that we're already in this stage, an active civil war complete with weapons. Free falling toward what, I don't know. It's beyond recognizable now. All this rage is scary, as a person who generally doesn't handle anger well. It's the most uncomfortable emotion for me. F bombs are becoming the first curse word out of folks mouth. In my speech, they're used for absolute emphasis. Many people seem angry all the time. Where is it all coming from?

When talking politics, the rage is palpable. What can people accomplish being so angry? One can't make political changes with anger, but maybe that's the point. The ability to discuss ends when someone displays anger. Hats off to mediators who deal with rage filled people.