How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
In a postal survey, the Australian population has voted to allow marriage equality! The Prime Minister has agreed to abide by the non-binding survey, and marriages should be happening by Christmas.

I am a firm believer that no one gets to vote on whether another person gets equal rights, but in this case I am very happy for the people of Australia.
That is an astonishing thing. That people, given an opportunity to vote in the privacy of their own homes, where they were perfectly free to express whatever awful dark feelings might lurk in their souls and minds, chose to express support and acceptance instead.

And then the Prime Minister's take on it is: "OK then, Well, let's just move on with it then, shall we?

I am surprised and humbled that they made it look so easy.

Blessings to the people of Australia.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post: