View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #709
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
That quote seems like something former journalist and New York Best Seller Author, Erik Larson would say....but it's a line from a movie, so that rules him out. However, the exemplar of speech --- comradely --- gives it a certain, awkward nuance, to me. It's like some male screen writer was making a female movie star say something politically correct. Plus, because of that, it makes me wonder if it's a movie from the early 70s, or if it's a movie based on a book.

But I can't put a finger on what movie it might be.
Mostly, because I wasn't allowed to watch movies growing up, so I don't know homoe. What movie does that quote come from, anyway? I'll watch for other's guesses or your answer.
You're correct in assuming it's based on a book (from a rather shorter story in Readers Digest IF memory serves me correctly). It's a female writer although not famous or one you may ever heard of. Up until this publication she was an unheralded freelance writer whose work centered mainly on television screenplays and children's books.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote