Old 12-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #27
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieStrong View Post
hi, thank you for all your replies, i beleive every single one of you have made good points!

I guess my ex has a lot to do with this too.. We still live together (she is also my paid care staff) although we haven't been a couple for many years, some friends beleive she is the reason i seem to attract or be attracted to non single folk, one example i was given is, my friend beleived if i went for a non single person, they couldn't (apparently) expect me to change my living situation etc.

i know for sure my ex is the reason i posted here instead of talking to an in the flesh person.. i know for sure that even though she likes the chap i am seeing, she is so obviously jealous (which i don't understand).. i don't want to talk to her about this, which normally i would cause all my friends are online..

But that would be rubbing her nose in the situation, right?

And i worry about telling her anything less than flattering about my situation as she already has the power to make my life a living hell!!!

i don't want her to have anything to use against this chap!

i am trying to get therapy, just waiting to hear back from the relivent people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
To put my humble opinion on your situation briefly...
Are you out of your mind?

To expand upon my thoughts further...

First, your "ex" is your caregiver. The line between personal and professional relationship seems to be only one of the issues involved. An "ex" as an employee is never comfortable for anyone.

Second...thats what you are, second in someone's life. If you are willing to settle for 2nd place so be it. Remember though, that 2nd place is 1st loser.
Hi, Wheelie and happy holidays.

Like Invictus, I'm shaking my head at your primary caregiver being an ex, especially with her (forgive me if the pronoun is not correct) showing signs of jealousy at your interest in another. It's a VERY unhealthy place for you to be, much less bringing anyone else into the picture.

I do understand that you are differently abled and do require care by another. Why does that person have to be your ex? What are you getting out of it? Free room and board? Is s/he working for free or next to nothing? You've got to weigh the benefit of having your ex do this for you with the other aspects of your life and the potential for disaster (which may be around the corner).

I'm not going to waggle my finger at you about hooking up with someone who is not available. Plenty of folks have covered that point very succinctly and it feels to me as if you understand that the potential for emotional damage to all parties is high. Just think about this while you mull the rest of the responses over in your head: what does each person involved get out of this? The boy, the boy's partner, you, your ex and anyone else involved. That's a lot of lives to be toying with so I understand the weight on your shoulders.

May the holidays and New Year bring you some much needed clarity.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: