View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 03:18 PM   #28
Jude

How Do You Identify?:
I'm Fluid (comfortable being me)
Preferred Pronoun?:
"Hey Jude"

1 Highscore

Jude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
TOUCHE!! But at least kids are kids! Love my grand kids. It's the adults stuck in adolescence that make me nuts! And believe me, this occurs at any adult age! Not talking about customary passages through human development. May 20 year olds have more sense than some 50 year olds I know.

But, give me my fur kids!

Interesting. Of course grandchildren are a delight. Can enjoy them thoroughly and then send them home to their parents and crawl in bed and watch a good movie uninterrupted.

I have been noticing that this generation of "kids" is very different than their parents, and in a positive way. Perhaps it is just because I'm the grandparent, but I sense more maturity, more sensitivity, stronger conscience. Speaking for myself, of course, but our kids were more selfish. Wouldn't it be lovely if the "me generation" is something of the past.

To keep this in the puppy thread. Adding an addendum that my doggy is universally charming, deeply spiritual and considerate and I spare no opportunity to tell my kids that she's been far easier (and less costly) to raise than they were. (And that her estate will be somewhat more substantial than their own for that reason alone.)