1PlayfulFemme

How Do You Identify?:
An Unwitting Thread Derailer!
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, femme through and through
Relationship Status:
She is my soul.

Thanked 2,362 Times in 697 Posts
1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation1PlayfulFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Most who know me know of our "We rescue all animals" plaque that hangs in the Universe. We currently have 13 cats and two insane boxer puppies (who aren't puppies at 3, but when they were babies, they were the youngest of the 5 dogs we had at the time - the rest of whom died of happy old age!!)

Our babies are truly our babies. It doesn't seem as though I will be able to carry a human baby, so we love and cherish our furbabies. They are spoiled to the point of ridiculousness, tho my wife and I would both deny that. (But it's her fault! *G*)

We recently lost my number one kitty. His liver failed and he developed lymphoma. On the opposite side of that, his brother was diagnosed 6 years ago with bone cancer and is in remission and you would never know he was sick. Proof that things happen in their time, not ours. I will never feel the same without Moo - to some, that's an odd statement. He died minutes after being born and my partner at the time brought him back to life. I was at work and came home to a perfect pinkish and black tuxedo kitten. His attitude was bigger than him then, and it never shrunk!

I love all my babies, but he was my "F" word. (We try not to say it outloud in the house...too many ears). We have a lady (I'm being nice - very, very nice) who lives across the street who raises feral cats. She feeds them, but won't get them fixed claiming "They aren't mine." Yet she can touch half of them and feeds them all. They were her mothers (who passed a few years ago) and she refuses to claim them. So, we end up rescuing the babies who are born with respiratory diseases and other horrifying issues. Two of our most recent babies have only one eye a piece (opposite sides) yet you'd never know it!

We've lost several that we were trying to save. There are some sicknesses that all the time in the world and treatments can't fix. But, I believe in that old story about the starfish...we try to make a difference to "that one" as often as we can.

Our babies, oldest to youngest:

Cats:
Little One 12 - we didnt name him
Spike 11 - he hissed within days of being born, and then cuddled right against me
Princess 11 - she is...very much so, a princess
Sage (We assume he is close to 8) - named for his wisdom
Chance 7 - he was found in a dumpster when he was a few days old
Vegas 7 - named by a friend of ours
Kachina 7 - her name means 'Sacred Dancer', but we call her Chi Chi
Brianna 7 - her nickname is Bree Bree
Becca 7 - her name is Rebecca, but she would NEVER answer to that!!
and my newest baby cats...
Nina 1 1/2 - My one eyed wonder, she's a tough lil girl!
Max 1 1/2 - My other one eyed wonder..he's a love!!
Sampson 1 1/2 - Named for his strength as was
Hercules 1 1/2

When my baby babies were brought in, they were about 2 weeks old. Sampson & Hercules were the biggest at 1 lb and 1 lb 2 oz. Nina was 6 oz. and Max was only 4 oz...and somehow, my babies pulled through against the odds!! Sampson is now the smallest at 8 lbs, Nina and Max weigh 14 and 15 respectively, and Hercules weighs in at 19 lbs. Fat & Sassy...just the way I like em!

Our puppies are 3. They are Hannah and Hunter. Hannah had a perfect "H" on her chest when she was a baby, thus came their names.

We have had so many fun times with our babies!! Too many funny stories to tell!! I'll keep peeking in! I love this thread!
1PlayfulFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1PlayfulFemme For This Useful Post: