Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
I’m adding….

Annunciation
Pronunciations
Sentence formation

This my seem like the pot calling the kettle black, considering my accent may be seen as a bastardisation of the English language in terms of pronunciation of the words…. There is no letter E and our I’s are lonely without the O, unless it morphs into a U when the O is not needed in the word ….really we only use the vowels A, O and U.

….OK! I admit that when I’ve said some things, I’ve been given the “WT….?” Look. A classic example is when I’ve arranged to meet a date and I’ve said: “Us sucks, good for you?” (Translated as: “Is six, good for you?”) …. And at the restaurant, I’ve ordered: “Munner stroney, followed by Fitter Cheney with Oluves and Ever Cardeau.” (Translated as: “Minestrone and Fettuccine with Olives and avocado)

I don’t expect, and I’m not looking for the perfect linguist to have conversations with, yet, I’d like to be able to at least stand a decent chance of understanding what my date says! It’s cringe-worthy when I can’t tell if it’s a new dialect of British English and I’m too embarrassed to ask, AGAIN! Although, I’m growing quite fond of the east London accent that sounds like a love child of Alan Rickman and Michael Caine, lol!

I take it no one who sounds like Eliza Doolittle need apply, either .

I finally learned not to try to guess where someone is from. Aussies/Kiwis don't appreciate my saying "Are you British"? Oops. I myself sound like Scarlett O'Hara from Milwaukee.

*ahem* As for me:

1. No undealt with addictions (and if recovering, it's more than one year)

2. No rage issues. No abuse or disrespect.

3. Responsible.