Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,125 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardentfemme View Post
I don't know why people launch into political tirades at me.
Maybe it's because my demeanor is gentle and understanding, and people think I will tacitly accept their bullshit...

This woman has been ranting to me about how no one deserves anything and how "someone who doesn't even speak English at McDonald's shouldn't be making the same as someone making a Mercedes." She's upset about minimum wage being raised to $15 here in California. I pointed out that even $15 is a barely livable wage. She said she doesn't care if someone can live on that or not. That not everyone has a right to food and shelter.

Not everyone has a right to basic necessities?!

I don't feel like arguing, but I feel like that meme going around that says I DON'T KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN TO YOU THAT YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

Interacting with people like this woman really puts a damper on my mood. Moreover, when people talk like this I get really offended because I understand that the struggles of working class folks, people of color, and the LGBT community are all intrinsically linked and I know that my existence is intimately tied to these supposed "ingrates" she's bashing. These systems of oppression are necessarily intertwined.

Overall, I wish we as a society had more empathy.

this woman doesn't seem she has all her faculties, obviously compassion is missing ~ sorry u had to deal and comprehend her words. here lunch lol