Old 09-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #242
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Jo's mom has the port due to having 48 hour long chemo infusions. The chemo pack is attached by a tube into the port in her chest.

My every other week blood draws were taken from my arm (not port). There shouldn't be any hormone treatments afterwards (for the standard colon cancer chemo tx).

I am glad you got some info. on your mom. I hope she starts getting better quickly.
They do blood draws from her arm too...and I guess she's having problems with her veins due to the dehydration.

Preliminary info says that she'll be in the hospital at least until early in the week, then going home with the TPN and IV fluids....I'm guessing done through the port (?)....but long term. And they'll set up nursing services for her at home when she does go home, too.

The thing that may come into play is the tests being done to determine why she still has pain in her abdomen....and whatever those show.

When we spoke last night, she was glad to be back in the hospital...and I'm relieved that she's there too so they can get a handle on this weight loss and dehydration.