Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTM4femme View Post
I have a question for the butches mostly but anyone is willing to comment if you have feedback. I am a FTM myself who obviously used to identify as butch. One thing I noticed was that I would always feel this masculinity competition between me and another butch I was around. I am wondering if this is something true butches feel as well or is this a characteristic of FTMs? Thoughts? I felt like for myself, I don’t experience that feeling anymore around butches but only usually other FTms or cis males. I am not usually an uber competitive person so it’s an odd concept for me. I don’t mean to offend anyone it is just something that I have noticed and wondered but never asked anyone.

I'm wondering if what you are referring to as masculine competition is what I refer to as to as identity posturing.

To me, identity posturing is just a process of people getting comfortable in their own skin. They may have declared themselves to be butch, but now they have to figure out what that means, how that looks, how that behaves etc.

It's an internal process, I think, but it is heavily influenced by external things. The more butches someone is exposed to, the more variations they see. More variations mean more things to try on, see if it fits kind of thing.

Eventually, people find what fits them, they settle into a peace with themselves and others.

Thats what I have noticed with butches. I dont know if FTM go thru the same kind of thing.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: