How Do You Identify?:
Hardcore bullheaded grown-ass Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
she loves my shaggy hair

Location: The backroom of a night cafe plotting world domination
Thanked 3,299 Times in 568 Posts
Jett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST ReputationJett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaC View Post
I used to do this years ago when I was more into forum participation but this is a new site, so I'd like to suggest something if I may:

maybe there should be a discussion on the definitions of words like:

"emasculate" and "effeminate" as they appear to go hand in hand, and perhaps discuss the antiquity of definitions of these words.

Because I'm looking at the definitions of both online, and I'm not at all impressed with those:

ie:
emasculate

–verb (used with object) 1. to castrate. 2. to deprive of strength or vigor; weaken.
–adjective 3. deprived of or lacking strength or vigor; effeminate.

Origin:
1600–10; < L ēmasculātus (ptp. of ēmasculāre), equiv. to ē- e- + māscul(us) male + -ātus -ate 1

Related forms:
e⋅mas⋅cu⋅la⋅tion, noun
e⋅mas⋅cu⋅la⋅tive, adjective
e⋅mas⋅cu⋅la⋅tor, noun
e⋅mas⋅cu⋅la⋅to⋅ry  /ɪˈmæskyələˌtɔri, -ˌtoʊri/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [i-mas-kyuh-luh-tawr-ee, -tohr-ee] Show IPA , adjective

ef⋅fem⋅i⋅nate

–adjective 1. (of a man or boy) having traits, tastes, habits, etc., traditionally considered feminine, as softness or delicacy. 2. characterized by excessive softness, delicacy, self-indulgence, etc.: effeminate luxury.
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object) 3. to make or become effeminate.

Origin:
1350–1400; ME < L effēminātus, equiv. to ef- ef- + fēmin(a) woman + -ātus -ate 1

Related forms:
ef⋅fem⋅i⋅nate⋅ly, adverb
ef⋅fem⋅i⋅nate⋅ness, noun
ef⋅fem⋅i⋅na⋅tion, noun

----------------------

It might be beneficial to start a thread to discuss these terms and how it affects *ALL* of us, and/or how that affects different genders on the spectrum.

As for burping... The best burper in *my* world? is that of my sister in law (who presents as femme or has in the past) who can burp out the ENTIRE alphabet. As far as I'm concerned she wins in that gas department.

*waving to all butch buddies*

oh.. and this is a special hello to Metropolis... you didn't know this, but when I post status quips on Facebook, all replies are forwarded to my cell phone, and there I was in the grocery store trying to decide on what kind of chips I wanted last night, while you flirted outrageously with Beau... *on my friggen facebook*... interrupting my grocery shopping.

sheesh... where's the love and why does Beau always get it? I wanna you both for not including me in brokeback mountain moment. Just sayin' if you're gonna flirt while I'm shopping? It better be with me.
Oh you're such a wallflower... you should have spoke up...