View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 06:01 AM   #157
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Dinner required a re-do tonight. First I made steamed spinach with artichoke hearts, garlic powder, roasted chestnuts, and boiled beets. It was just terrible, so bland! Vegheads, what should I have added to make it delicious?

My dinner re-do was my current favorite: carrots and onions and tofu sauteed in EVOO with curry and soy sauce.
Ok Jen, I gotta admit, this is an odd assortment to put together. My first reaction was to the beets. I can't eat them (taste like dirt) so my first thought was to just throw the whole dish out. lol

Because all of your ingredients are really fairly mild in flavor (if you really want to try this out again) I would suggest maybe adding some tomato paste, vegan Worcestershire sauce, and small amount of liquid smoke to add some flavor. I would take a couple of tablespoons of vegetable broth, and add it to a saute pan. Add like two tablespoons of tomato paste, 1 tablespoon of worcestershire sauce, 1/4 teaspoon of liquid smoke and whisk until smooth and heated through. Then add your vegetables and saute to coat. I still would omit the beets because I am not entirely sure how it would taste. (Maybe serve them on the side)

Edited to add, how about adding some green or greek olives too?

Good luck!
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: