Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
The role of police needs to be redefined

For too long there has been this blanket protection for police. We've given them the benefit of the doubt, always saying it's a tough job or it's a thankless job or they are putting their lives on the line for our safety. And this is all true. But it shouldn't be used as an excuse or a shield.

Police offers choose their career. And they should be held to a higher standard. Not shielded with excuses. And if they can't live up to the higher standard, they should go find another profession. It seems in almost all cases where there is excessive force, we find out there were prior complaints. Warning signs, really.

We should hire police officers more selectively. Pay them much more. And hold them accountable. Those that show signs that the job is too much should be dismissed.

It doesn't help that MF45 is stoking the flames of a race war. (he is probably salivating at this prospect) trump wants a reason ANY reason to install martial law. Unfortunately, all of this chaos and fear he creates will benefit him in Nov.

With that said, the looting and vandalism is counter-productive. Now, we have stores that are closed, citizens losing their jobs, innocent people being injured.
Taylor Swift called out T---P for his delusional thinking and race baiting and really put herself on the line today, with her tweet taking T---p to task.

And I quote from the CNN news headlines today:

Quote:
"After stoking the fires of white supremacy and racism your entire presidency, you have the nerve to feign moral superiority before threatening violence? When the looting starts the shooting starts'???" the pop icon tweeted. She (Swift) tagged Trump in her tweet, adding: "We will vote you out in November."
And too, Swift addressed the idea of how T---p thinks like a dictator, how he thinks he is G-D, and will rule over everyone and anything, which is exactly where the notion of martial law comes in. And I quote from the same news article:

Quote:
"I really think that he thinks this is an autocracy," she said.
There are so many horrible hate crimes going down in Amerika each day, but the latest few (to include the Afro-American man from Minnesota, George Floyd) reflects the horrors in everyday Amerika for those who are not white.

Swift CNN article (LINK)

George Floyd on CNN News (LINK)

Thanks for your post, Ace.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 05-29-2020 at 09:44 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: