EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
I don't live in Toronto any more, so I get that I have no say. But I'd really love it if those of you who DO live in Toronto or have friends in Toronto would spread the word.

This guy is everything that Toronto isn't. Why WHY WHY would he want to be Mayor? He hates immigrants, he hates public transit, he hates the homeless, he hates social spending, he hates the Queer community.

http://www.torontocannotafford.com/
I've been trying to figure this out since he's taken a significant lead in the polls. I don't understand how a city with an immigrant majority supports a guy who has spoken out against immigration and immigrants.

There's been a hell of a lot of controversy in the paper over these elections, particularly over Ford's record. Part of the problem is that the two primary candidates, Ford and Smitherman, both have histories of substance abuse (among other things for Ford) and neither are the most likeable candidates in the world. However, Smitherman is still a billion times better than Ford, so I'll be voting for him solely so that Ford doesn't get into office.

Smitherman was leading the polls significantly in the spring and early summer, but recently support for Ford seems to have exploaded, and I don't know why. In a way I think the media hype over Ford's criminal past (susbtance abuse, DUIs, threatening his wife etc.), as well as his outrageous policies has brought up his popularity in the polls, to the point where it has overshadowed Smitherman's campaign. I sometimes wonder how the hell they conduct these polls though, seems like no one I've spoken to actually likes Ford, so I don't understand how he came to lead the polls so drastically when everyone, including the papers, hates him.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote