Old 12-21-2015, 07:39 PM   #4
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
Please check me on this, y'all.

Recently, I ran out of estrogen (again!), and when I don't take it, about a day after I am not taking it, the best way that I can describe it is that I go into PMS mode, just without the physical symptoms. One of my ex-roommates confirmed that that was about how I acted, when that situation occurred when we were living together.

I'm thinking that during the menstrual cycle, PMS (at least the mental symptoms) comes about when the hormones of estrogen and progesterone are produced at their lowest volumes.

Mind you, I've never really studied the hormonal systems in any detail at all, nor have I experienced a menstrual cycle (at least in this lifetime). Am I close to the truth in this idea?

Y'all have had a hell of a lot more experience with this then I have; so please check me on this.
Our bodies get used to regular dosing. When you stop your estrogen, or I stop my testosterone, our bodies get out of whack.

It was pretty standard for trans men to do their shots every 14 days, but that has changed to every 10 days, or now, most commonly, every 7 days. As the T lowered in their system, they would "feel it", usually feeling irritable. I know that until I finally settled on a dose, I was all out of whack.

Since we don't make the hormones ourselves, there is a "big drop" unlike natal women or natal men.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: