Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I used to work in cubeland. Then they modernized a bit and
put the dividers up to 6 feet and the only open space was the entrance into the cube space.

One of my tricks, was to keep my extra chair full of stuff, my brief case, my coat, usually a stack of papers~ clearly sending a message visitors unwanted. Somedays, it was hard to get my work done because people would just drop in and want to hang...Hang someplace else.

Because I know people can make a mountain out of seemingly nothing, do you have a floor supervisor? I'd seek them out and see if they have issue with it. If it's the little concave type of mirror you stick on a side view mirror, the further away you try to look into the mirror, the more distorted the object becomes. I'd point that out.

I completely understand when you are concentrating on your work and someone comes into a quiet space, it can rattle you. When I worked in cubeland...it would often take me a few minutes to regroup and get back to what I was doing.
(thats why I made my cube feel uninvited). Good luck with this.
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: