View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #3
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Good question! Thanks for asking!

I don't think there's a single answer that would work for everyone. Each person must judge for themselves the best way to handle FB and coworkers.

First suggestion... don't mention FB at all... not that you have it... not that you've ever seen anything on it... not in agreement that you've seen what another person has seen... etc... etc.. you get the idea. Beyond that... I've heard the request deflected in a few different ways.

* You don't FB at all. Or... you're taking a break from FB.

* You've just one FB account and you've an understanding with family that your FB is just for family... ya know family personal stuff. And... dang it... you've been meaning to start a account for family and family... gosh you need to get on that!

* Of course... you don't FB coworkers... or ... you don't FB coworkers when you start a new job.

* The best route is to state your position before anyone even asks. A casual comment ... as casually as you can ... "Oh yeah... I don't FB people at work."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
Thank you for all this. I was aware of most of it.

My question for you though is how do you say no to your coworkers who want to friend you on FB? I do say no but it seems to hurt their feelings, especially ones I spend any personal time with.

Hoping you have a good answer that works for everyone.

Thanks
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post: