View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 11:06 PM   #4269
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Really early this morning, I prepared a very large stump for its second burning. Dug out all around the base, cleaned out all the ashes, wrapped it with a 20 inch high piece of aluminum flashing. Piled on a couple of bags of charcoal plus a few of some pine tree discs leftover from the last burn. These work great - burn a very long time.

After my fire was blazing, I covered it with a tin piece. It could still breathe but if it started raining, it would not go out.

Then I took my chainsaw apart, cleaned out the funk and loosened the chain.

Before giving it up for the day, tried three times to saw off more pine tree discs from a fallen tree but everytime I took my chainsaw there, it would start raining and I would have to quickly put it into the back seat of the truck.

I went out and checked the stump around 8:00 tonight and am pleased and proud to report it is still burning. When the tornado warning went off this afternoon, I was thinking about my stump while I was shoving the dogs into the master bedroom bathroom. That is our tornado safety place. I piled lots of comforters and pillows in there and then I went outside to listen and see. That is what I do, it calms me down. The tornado ravaged my small city some miles away but though I could faintly hear it, it spared us.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post: