She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
so, if i'm reading this correctly, i could put up a thumbnail that originates from an image i have on flickr or somesuch? then, clicking the thumbnail would take you to the outside site to view a larger pic?

then, sales go through this site? you guys will be making a percentage or something off sales, right? it's only fair to offset the costs for hosting the images and whatnot onsite.

You are correct on the thumbnails Wil! I think it would give folks a better option to have MORE photos this way, and it wont tax our storage as badly.

At this time, The Planet has no plans to take a percentage of sales from any of the sellers. We have kinda struggled over how to address the issue of "to charge or not to charge". I dont want to charge folks for this service but it WILL take up space on the server and possibly cost a little extra in bandwidth if the usage is moderate to heavy.
I had thought of maybe making it a $9 a year service with unlimited listings. This would ONLY be needed to cover any additional load on the servers but right now, the Planet is in such good financial shape that I just dont have the heart or think its necessary.

I think that we can maybe give folks the option to make a tiny donation if they feel they need to?

One of the main reasons I wanted to see this happen here is because I really do believe in keeping the Queer dollars flowing to one another in our community and there are a ton of people here who are either low-income or on a fixed income who could really use a free option to make a little $$ for themselves. With eBay being SO expensive with fees, I want Queerbay to really reflect our vision of supporting the site and one another.

Ideas? Thoughts?
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Admin For This Useful Post: