femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,719 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

"Agorafabulous! Dispatches from my bedroom" by Sara Benincasa

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Agorafabulous-Dispatches-Bedroom-Sara-Benincasa/dp/0062024418/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349531526&sr=8-1&keywords=agorafabulous"]Agorafabulous!: Dispatches from My Bedroom: Sara Benincasa: 9780062024411: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

I loved this memoir! It was laugh out loud funny and also quite interesting and relatable for any of us who struggle with varying degrees of anxiety, depression, or quirkiness! I wouldn't read it 10,000 times (Yes, some books I do read 10,000 times.), but it was definitely agorafabulous, and I strongly recommend it

"If I Am Missing or Dead" by Janine Latus

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/If-Am-Missing-Dead-Liberation/dp/B0046LUM98/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349532574&sr=8-1&keywords=if+i+am+missing+or+dead"]If I Am Missing or Dead: A Sister's Story of Love,Murder,and Liberation: Janine Latus: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

This is an incredibly powerful memoir about coming from a dysfunctional family and how that carried over to this woman's relationship's as well as her sister's relationships. The writing is exquisite (The author is a writer.), and the story is so powerful. I related to it deeply. Here's a quote that I loved:

"When I was at home as a teenager, I could tell that something was always roiling under the surface. It was like walking on smoked glass over something awful, like rushing water or lava or snakes. You're on it and it's fine, but it's glass and it could crack, and you'd drop into that something awful and be sucked down. And even if it doesn't crack, you can feel those snakes, that danger, vibrating under the surface of things."

I highly recommend this book.
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: