View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #82
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
The majority of these are my pet peeves, yet, I’ve had two long term relationships…..not really been single much in my adult life…..So, I can’t be that hard to live with (despite so many pet peeves) and I doubt it’s because I’m fairly laid back as a person; pet peeves really twist my melon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
mine too, so how do we know if it's US or THEM with the problem? ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuirkyKiwi View Post
Good question! I've been trying to work that one out, lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail Crabby View Post

I guess my number one pet peeve would be someone trying to turn me into them.....

I put things away, I pick up things, I cook, etc......If I'm not doing it the way someone likes......they are more than welcome to do it - and forever

The roomie and I have already crossed this bridge - I'm not her, she's not me and I'm a functioning adult and able to continue to do so without directions lol

She's rather ocd about the cupboards and I respect that and put things back the way she arranges - but if I forget cuz I'm tired after work and she's had all day to rearrange something I misplaced cuz she doesn't, then I guess I would peeve about her leaving it as is to show and *correct* me.

I don't need correction because I don't do something someone else's way. My daughter had her own butter to avoid the Kidlette and I getting crumbs in it. It was about compromise and that works for me rather than my letting things like that upset my life.

Speaking from my *me* space.......
You may well have it the 'Nail on the Head!' I've been sitting here thinking about this whilst having lunch.....I accept people as they are; it doesn't stop me griping about pet peeves, but, I understand they are part of what makes each of us who we are!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post: