Old 08-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #15
JinxdGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Tomyboy Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
The girl ones, please!
Relationship Status:
Single

JinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST ReputationJinxdGirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader View Post
The closest I'll ever get to Second Life is that their offices are literally across the hall from ours. (in real life)

They apparently bring catered lunches in to all of the employees. (in real life)

A woman I know casually spends so much time in Second Life that she insists that the people she meets there are more real and closer friends to her than any of her other friends. (in real life)

Now I know who to come to when I really want to vandalize Linden Labs, good to know! *grins wickedly*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
I don't know about the second life I'm just trying to get through the first life which is hard enough right now with the shingles and school and the god damn internship if the school ever gets me another one so somebody please explain the second life because I sure could use one right about now.
see my answer to TK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight View Post
Jinx, now I am even more interested.. Tell us about it! Like is it hard to get started? Is it free? Do you have tips? Is there Butch/Femme/Trans space? BDSM or leather space? Is it chat based or mic based comunication? Hmmm.. Looking forward to getting to know more!
SL is incredibly easy to get started, and as Nerds mentioned the emerald viewer should be windows 7 compatible. It is completely free, though once you get there you'll want L$ (the currency in world) to shop, but even that can be easy enough to get without dipping into your own pockets.

There is plenty of Butch/Femme/Trans space and a number of SL players are also members on BFP so, you've got the inside track to some good B/F/T welcoming places.

There is TONS of BDSM/Leather space. And Butch/Femme/Trans welcoming kink space. But, as everywhere, be wary of the people that are SL kinksters only, they think they know everything when the type of play possible there isn't always realistic.

The majority of communication is chat/text based, though there are many places where voice chat is enabled and so people can speak to each other, which is always fun. I often can't voice chat, but I can listen to those that are an type my responses, which is the best of both worlds.

Sorry this thread wasn't clear from the outset, thank you all for being patient and at least curious enough to look into it. So, yay, that!
JinxdGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JinxdGirl For This Useful Post: