Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDemeanor View Post
Where's the lively discussion about TPaw? RomneyCare, anyone? Whatever he is, it's working, as I don't see threads for all of the other 2012 GOP wanna-runs. From SarahP to DonaldT, the loudmouths get the attention. And if you don't think someone like him stands a chance in an election, you haven't been paying attention.
Good point. The group of GOP "serious" candidates are not even being talked about by the GOP!! That says something to me about the possibility of Trump or someone like him actually pulling off the GOP nomination. Or, making a pretty good run as an independent. Let's not forget that most people that have turned Independent were Republican and thought their party was not conservative enough!

I wonder about the eventual GOP VP candidate, too. I honestly think that someone like Trump could be elected president and it is really dumb to not pay attention to what is going on as 2012 possibles emerge.

Also, there are some very serious legislatuve attempts (again and always) to block voter registration drives in red and swing states. Most are obviously to stop POC and poor people from getting to vote.

With gas prices and the unemployment rate where it remains along with stats about how most people just don't see a recovery going on (it isn't for them), there is no way I would take Obama's re-election or the Dems taking back the House (or keeping a majority in the Senate) for granted. And most people do not get that a president cannot really do a thing to influence gas prices- they don't understand OPEC at all.

I know people I worked along side in 2008 at Obama phone banks that don't know if they want to put that effort in for him in 2012.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote