View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #11
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Valerian has given me crazy nightmares too.

My daughter takes melatonin once in a while. She says it doesn't work, but I think she sleeps a little better with it.

I find Magnesium is great for quieting the mind and body. When I am taking it regularly, which I try to do when I am in PMS mode when everything is just kind of uptight, I sleep and feel better.

Skullcap is good both for headaches and as a relaxation aid/sleep aid.

Rescue Remedy for anxiety/relaxation

My daughter and I both use red raspberry leaf and find it really helps regulate hers, and shorten both of our menstrual cycles.

Ginger and or peppermint for stomach ache issues. Either as a tea, or rub some of the oil on your belly.

Lavender for calming.

Turmeric indeed for inflammation. We have also used it in wound care. Make a paste out of it and put on open area.

Echinacea for boosting the immune system. Tea or a tincture if you are fighting or trying to prevent something.

Tea tree as anti-bacterial topical, also good for "blemishes"

Eucalyptus in a hot steam vaporizer for congestion

So... that's kind of what my medicine chest looks like

It would be good to also learn about homeopathic remedies. Many of them can come in handy when you have them around!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: