ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I believe what you put in your body is how your body will react.

If you eat crap, you'll feel like crap.

We (my wife and I) eat so much better than we ever did before. For the past 4 months, we've been eating the lifestyle of Primal/Paleo/Low Carb/High Healthy fats. We basically have cut out refined sugars, all wheat products, most grains (sometimes a quinoa salad sneaks in or a few corn chips), cut back on potatoes, not much rice and just eat more "real" food. If you can't pronounce the ingredient, I doubt you should be eating it. The more research you do, the more you find out what's good for you and what's not good for you. A lot of food causes a lot of issues-- acne, migraines, arthritis, sleep issues, weight gain, inflammation, high blood sugar, high blood pressure, thyroid issues... etc, etc.

We also believe in herbs and vitamins and minerals. We visit the acupuncturists once a week for a 2 hr treatment.

We take vitamin D, which is good for many things, its key role in regulation and differentiation of immune system cells, and it supports cardiovascular health and normal functioning of the nervous system. And if you have an upper respiratory cold taking a few extra a day helps.

Magnesium helps in so many ways-- as others have described above. Plays a role in your body's detoxification processes, and helps prevent sudden cardiac arrest and stroke.

Zinc accelerates the activity of approximately 100 different body enzymes, promotes immune function to fight illness, supports healthy cell growth and development and ensures proper sense of taste and smell just to name a few.

Omega 3s.
Vitamin C with grapeseed oil.

We use rescue remedy to calm our nerves and help us at night to rest. Just a few drops under the tongue helps a good night sleep. We also brew a good night tea that is full of wonderful herbs (Organic chamomile flower, skullcap herb, catnip herb, linden flower, peppermint, stevia, spearmint, passion flower lemon balm, lemon grass, lavender).

I'm sure there is more-- but this is all I can think of now. Great thread, btw. I look forward to hearing others recommendations and stories.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post: