Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

When I remember when.... I remember I am getting older and that there is much less time to waste! And although I have great childhood memories of so much, I do know that there existed a lot of denial of what was really going in people's lives. Abuse of every type has always been around.

That being said..... I do remember being able to count on a neighbor for help. Actually, I do remember when being a good neighbor was important and a hand-shake was taken seriously.... and honor was not a foreign term.

I do remember a time when one could be out in public and did not hear foul language at every street corner out loud because there existed a very different kind of social respect for others. And for me, family had a very different place than today. No... this does not have a thing to do with the 2.5 kids and two parents nuclear family thing!

There is quite a bit I love about younger generations and am happy to see that many of the things that were negative in my growing-up are better for them. But, I wouldn't mind some common courtesy being more a part of things now. I have to say that I appreciate that my son and his wife make it very clear to their daughters that adults are to be respected and that G-Ma really doesn’t care for hearing a litany of cussing. Its cool for them among their friends….. That’s what kids do!

Last edited by AtLast; 03-19-2010 at 02:37 PM. Reason: errors
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: