Old 11-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #35
QueenofQueens
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Seerauber, Centaurita Bonita, QoQonut, Volupté Suprême
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lux, Ms. Lisbon if you're nasty.
Relationship Status:
Left of Centaur and blissfully betrothed.

QueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
all i can say .after reading all these response's is..
WOW!!
this was just so suppose to be just a lil funny thing to post...
its been posted in a lot of bf places.. and this is the 1st time. it has goten soo many negitive reviews........
i am sooooo sorry it offended some of you..... i say some
cause some did find it funny and some didnt
sometimes i feel i cant win for losing.......
Morningstar, no one here is questioning your intentions. We all get that you were just trying to share a joke. But now, those of us that found your joke hurtful are asking you, as part of our butch and femme family, to take a look at it and try to understand why we weren't amused and why it really isn't funny.

We aren't taking you to task, I promise. We just would really appreciate it if you would look at what you posted with a critical eye. A joke like that isn't harmless, especially when it goes viral, and is seen by thousands of people, many of whom will not be viewing it with good intentions at all.

Sexism is so well entrenched in our society that most of us just take its many manifestations for granted. For example, advertising utilizes sexist imagery constantly, which reinforces the idea of women as second class citizens. We all have helped perpetuate this notion at some point, therefore the responsibility belongs to all of us to help dismantle it.