Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Swamp People exposes the life of most of my kin. I am not sure how i feel about the show yet. I grew up with dead alligators, deer, varmint of every species and with hard working shrimpers, crabbers and trappers. It's a hard way of life and not so much glamour. Many of my folk are killed in boating accidents or dying at a young age because the life is so hard. Brothers are brothers for life and often just like the show, live together from childhood to death. Alligator season is one month per year so it's intense. Alligators are not killers, they are quiet creatures who strike when provoked or hungry. Swamp tours have destroyed much of the way of life of the alligator, making them unafraid of man. (Once you feed a gator they associate people with food forever). STILL i love that Swamp People is popular and i hope changing how many of us feel like outcasts in society. I also know there is an ugly, cruel side to hunting and that part isn't shown on the show. Not all hunters are like the ones on Swamp People. If ever you want to know i'd be glad to tell you.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: