Old 12-10-2019, 02:26 PM   #717
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Marriage Story {2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
It didn't grab me, in fact it depressed the hell out of me!
Moe, I decided to watch Marriage Story after reading your post, which I did this afternoon; however, since I have never been depressed psychologically, I must say, I really liked it, it was - while being both funny and sensitive [had me smiling from time to time] - pretty realistic and very well done - quite an intelligent film, and I think it may very well win a few awards, and I think it is a film that is worth watching.

I am sorry that you felt that way after having watching the film. (I guess - perhaps, not sure, triggers.)

Personally, my parents never divorced - in retrospect, I wish they had!!! It was I who "separated" myself from them... lol (I even had a cousin who used the court system to become an emancipated adult at quite a young age.)

What I really liked about it was the way in which adults come into their own to live their own lives, instead of depending on others to make them feel "alive" and/or happy and/or secure, etc. So, insofar a I am concerned, in many ways, it is an adult film for adults, about relationships and individuals.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: