View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #886
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by turasultana View Post
Just finished "The Sociopath Next Door" non fiction. scarier than fiction.

4% of the population or 1 in 25 people, have no conscience. look around the room right now and see if you can pick them out!

seriously - really good book. You look at people differently and a bit more objectively. Watch out for those who consistantly play the pity card.
I ordered this from my library and am on the list to get it. Life can be scarier than fiction that is for sure!!

Have I ever said I LOVE MY LIBRARY. Well if not, I do. So I said it. I admit it. I am a library junkie.

So today I picked up "Not One Damsel in Distress ~ World Folktales for Strong Girls" by Jane Yolen.

I am asked to storytell for different events, so I am always trying to find interesting folktales that we may not necessarily have ever heard. I also try to find stories about women, strong women, or wiley women... etc. There are far too many male heroes in our north american cultural mythology. I am only one women, but I hold the power of my voice, my body and imagination to encourage other women to embrace the hero within.

Anyway... I feel a tangent coming on.

Muriel Strode
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foxyshaman For This Useful Post: