View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #79
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
We have found a new way to save both time and money. We have a supermarket here called Sprouts. They have a wonderful assortment of daily made fresh meals that you simply pop in the microwave for 3mins and you are ready to enjoy. They range in cost from $2.99 to $4.99. What I like the most is I can have what I want and Red can have what she wants. Last night she had pot roast and mashed potatoes and I had pasta. No leftovers to clog up the fridge and forget to eat. I like it!

We still cook on the weekends but with her teaching schedule and my work schedule it is really hard to plan a weekday meal and have fun cooking when we get home. As we get older time seems to be more important than anything, so I am always looking for ways that save time and still fit into our budget. We average about 2-3 of the ready meals a week so the approximately $30.00 doesn't eat into what we normally spend on food.

Now I have a question for all of you parents out there who have teenage boys. We are taking our 2 15yr old nephews on a weeklong trip to Biloxi, MS for spring break. We are staying in a condo on the beach that is like an apartment so we can shop and cook meals there. My questions is how much money does one need to budget for 2 15yr old boys. I haven't a clue other than when they are at our home there seems to never be enough of anything.

I raised two son's no matter what they ate like there was no tomorrow,I mean they are bottomless pit's when it comes to food.Whatever you grocers list is double it,plus find what they like then try to make it healthy.I find snacks are the thing that are costly so if you can buy them somewhere in bulk would be eaysier on the pocket.Don't forget drinks,my kids drank enough Dr.Pepper to float a ship in so I started making ice tea a lot...but when my oldest would put near four tablespoons of sugar in one glass of tea I thought he was nuts so I got a good sugar alternative Then chips and dip or pizza bits or what have you ....omg! I should have bought stock in those companies I would be rich by now. Good luck in your quest to feed the never ending eating machines.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post: