Old 06-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Very interesting Converse....

I would actually say that my situation is just the opposite. Being born and raised in the deep south, I have known only bias, homophobia, predjudice, and shame on the note of being accepted here for being gay. I have had to hide my entire life.

The older I get the more I want to be a part of a community that doesn't look at me as a freak. I lived for a short time last summer in New Mexico. Talk about a culture shock, and in a good way. No one gave a crap that I was gay and people there didn't get all "bug eyed" when I walked into a restaurant with my partner. I yearn for that freedom and peace.

I live here because my family is here....simple truth. But, I won't forever and I can't wait until I can actually be part of a open community where I am no longer an outsider and freak. This site helps, online helps. But, isolated? you betcha....and I hate it.

Someday though, maybe someday.....things will be different.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: