genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

Hm. Unstable, eh?

*topples over*

That's just because I'm a klutz!

Don't worry, laruss. The thing is, some people think of people engaged with the arts as the following:

1) Financially insecure
2) Emotionally complicated
3) Materially bereft
4) Absent of "real" goals concerning those penthouses and greasy-tasting coffees you mentioned
5) All of the above and more

I'm going to hazard a guess here, but perhaps you haven't rid yourself of your own bias yet when it comes to an "artistic" sort of lifestyle? It's not only artists who hang around in barns and go on community walks... people without homes and farmers tend to do that, too. Are you looking to be with someone who's in a corporate lifestyle? Artists? Farmers? Baristas? Garbage collectors? The Prime Minister?

I just don't know why it matters where you live and what you do for a living when the people you seek to date will most likely be either attracted to you or not regardless of whether you're an artist or an engineer or a sherpa. With this new lease on life, maybe you'll meet many more kinds of people, too, which is always valuable!

Don't think of it as instability... think of it as diversifying your social and experiential network.
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post: