meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,299 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Default So glad I found this thread...

I am really excited to have found this thread. I am in my early 40s, noticing changes in my skin, and trying to revamp my makeup and general grooming product stash. What worked 5 years ago no longer does, so I need to start finding new stuff.

I find that using a face and eye primer especially helps my face to appear more youthful, less wrinkled, and the makeup to last a lot longer. Anyone else use them?

I apply my foundation with a damp makeup sponge and find this provides the most natural look as opposed to using my finger.

Also, my eyelids are falling giving me hooded eyelids, which requires more effort and artistic makeup application.

I am also not sure if trying to appear too youthful is a faux pas at this point. You know, blue nail polish, hot pink makeup, stuff like that. Any comments, experiences?

I found a great makeup artist on youtube who does makeup application tips, product reviews, etc. He's awesome and a cutie bug to boot:

This is a random video I posted just to give you an idea of what he does.

Thanks for this thread!