Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJo
Just got off the phone with my mother...they've added another drug to her chemo cocktail that is making her very sick...as in throwing up after every session. She continues to feel weak, dizzy and awful....the infusions help to keep her from being dehydrated, so they've upped her to 2 or 3 infusions a week.

We're coordinating now to get her infusions while she's here visiting. She also finally admitted that she'll need a wheelchair while she's here. I pushed a little by telling her that Rooster really wanted to push her...that helped, because she would do anything for him. (Thanks Dapper )

Done more prying...as I do...and what she has is being called "metastatic colon cancer" even though it's in her small intestine (and she has no colon anymore). My research is showing average lifespan from diagnosis is 29 months, survival rate at 5 years is about 19%....naturally, with those tending to be the younger, stronger patients. It's something I'm working at getting my head wrapped around.

Her visit is moved up to the end of September, so she'll be here in a few weeks. I'm burning up my Hilton Hotel points for a couple free nights...one in Miami, one in Key Largo....not how I dreamed of using them, but hopefully a few more good memories for my son to put in his heart to keep after Granny is gone.

I can't shake the feeling that that's going to be soon.
(((((((((((((Jo))))))))))))

I lost a cousin to colon cancer and its an ugly disease (well, cancer is period) but we all know that. I will keep you, Rooster and your mom in My thoughts and prayers while she continues to fight

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post: