View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 04:13 PM   #62
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Awkward moment as House Republican leaders clash over Trump speaking at CPAC 1 hr ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I'm imposing a moratorium on networks, shows, and pundits who continue with their endless blather on Trump! Obliviously they hate his guts, as do I, however giving him more airtime is playing right into what he thrives on!

It was just announced that he accepted the invitation, and of course he would because it's another 5 minutes in the limelight, from C.P.A.C. to speak. I can just imagine the feeding frenzy that'll occur!

Sidebar: Others who accepted are Ben Carson, Gov. Ron DeSantis, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, actor Jon Voight, Donald Trump Jr. and Sen. Ted Cruz.
Former President Donald Trump and his future with the GOP was the subject of an awkward clash Wednesday between two House Republican lead
House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy was unequivocal when asked if Trump should be speaking this Sunday at CPAC, the Conservative Political Action Conference -- the large gathering of GOP and conservative leaders.

House GOP Conference Chair Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., the third-ranking House Republican, who voted to impeach Trump and became his target, gave a different answer.

"That's up to CPAC ... I don't believe that he should be playing a role in the future of the party or the country," Cheney said as she stood behind McCarthy.

a group of people standing next to a person in a suit and tie: Rep. Liz Cheney, the House Republican Conference chair, joined from left by Rep. Jason Smith, top Republican on the House Budget Committee, and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, speaks to reporters on Capitol Hill in Washington, Feb. 24, 2021.© J. Scott Applewhite/AP Rep. Liz Cheney, the House Republican Conference chair, joined from left by Rep. Jason Smith, top Republican on the House Budget Committee, and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, speaks to reporters on Capitol Hill in Washington, Feb. 24, 2021.

Rep. Steve Scalise, the second-ranking House Republican, who also has visited Trump in Florida, shook his head.

McCarthy, who was at the microphone, had a pained look on his face when Cheney made her comment.

"On that high note, thank you!" McCarthy said to end the news conference.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: