Old 04-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #61
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Even though some stuff will be old hat for me I really appreciate everybody's input. 1) there are some things I maybe wouldn't have thought of like putting my grabbers in an accessible spot 2) Hopefully other people will learn what they need to know from this thread and I may now how to do something but i'm guessing most people having top surgery haven't had the number of surgeries I have had.

I'm really grateful for having those surgeries though because setting stuff up has just come naturally. It is so different to be doing it while I feel well. Usually I'm preparing for surgery when my pain level is at its max

One thing others might find helpful that my friend mentioned last night is the drains are messy so be prepared to have a possible mess in the bed. I'm fortunate or unfortunate to be sleeping alone so I don't have to worry about another person. I actually have the type of mats they use in the hospital and a water proof cover over my mattres so those will help protect my sheets and mattress

Again surgery experience has given me the gift of throwing up on myself and well lets just say i'm not the best at using a bed pan while flat on my back. So i'm use to gross stuff
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote