Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,099 Times in 8,593 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Piano

I知 learning to play the piano.

I took lessons as a child and again as an adult, but I haven稚 retained much. So it痴 like starting all over again.

I知 using the Sudnow Method. I took lessons from David Sudnow in the early 80s in NYC and really enjoyed learning. He was a unique guy with a unique talent. His method is to play the piano without learning to read music.

I値l try some other methods later, but will stick with this one for awhile as I tackle scales, chords, and basic theories.

Right now I知 practicing and relearning the scales. Things I learned previously are coming back, but my fingers fumble like a beginner. Though, I知 quite enjoying it and am not rushing through it.

One of the things I love about the Sudnow Method is I get to study the great jazz pianists and am encouraged to learn jazz standards.

The first song in the lessons to learn is Misty. I may start playing that in the next week or so with a goal to finish it in 3 to 6 months, but for now I知 focused on practicing my scales.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: